Friday, October 21, 2011

Missrepresentation the Film

Did you watch this film on OWN last night?  It was quite an eye opener.  The media has sooooo much control of our lives.  I now really understand that bumper sticker that says kill your television. 

Women aren't feeling the love.  I have been trying to put my finger on it for years and after seeing this film I know what the problem is now.  The representations of women are inhumane, totally dehumanizing.  Women are depicted as bodies only and any woman who has a brain, an opinion or anything outside of this manufactured idea of women is a bitch, a shrew trying to be a man.  I get it.  I get it.  I totally get it.  *bing,bing, bing*  We have to arm ourselves and our children with media literacy.  I have to find a book about this and teach my sons not to be those men that don't stand up for women.  I have to teach them to be the men that know a woman's worth is not her body or just her ability to give him a family.  I have to teach these sons of mine that a woman, just like him, has hopes and dreams of her own that don't revolve around his hopes and dreams.  OMG.  I hope they show it again.  If you didn't see it last night check your listing to see when it is coming on again.  You must see this film. 

No comments:

Post a Comment